molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 12:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Opening positions and lot size questions
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:15 pm 

Dear Molanis,

1. How can I make my strategy to re-buy or re-sell each time a certain contition is being met?

Example:

Each time RSI crosses above 30 line to buy, or each time it crosses under 70 to sell.

I tried to do it with the stratyegy builder but i couldn't figure out how. Is there any option to allow for multiple lot opening? I tried to increase the maximum allowed open positions but that function seem to affect only the trades on the same bar and only when complete bars is false. I set the trading to complete bars = true, and the maximum open positions to 10 but it opens only one position and hold that open until a reverse position is opened.

I just was hopping to open only one position per bar and re-open when the open crireria are met in a subsequent bar.

2. Is there a way to use a pyramiding in the codes generated by Molanis Strategy Builder 3.15? For example i want to put in effect the following strategy. Can I do it with this software?

Buy EURUSD at 1.33500 0.1 lotsize. When price hits 1.33000 re-buy 0.2 lotsize, when it falls down to 1.32500 re-buy 0.4 lotsize and so on.

3. How can I manage the lotsize according the account free margin. For example I want to make a strategy with a variable lotsize according to the following formula:

Lotsize = 0.1 * Account Free Margin / 1000.

Post subject: Re: Opening positions and lot size questions
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:32 pm 

For 1. set the trading to complete bars = true so you will trade once per bar, and the maximum open positions to more than 1. I think this is what you are doing, if you don't see more trades probably the trading condition is not right. Please take a look at the rsi example in our example page http://www.molanis.com/products/molanis ... rs-for-mt4

2. You cannot do pyramiding.

3. For money management instructions you can read the user guide at molanis.com/support/manuals . we use a similar formula to Lotsize = 0.1 * Account Free Margin / 1000.(it depends on the account type)