molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Max number of positions
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:18 pm 

i want to ask if i choosed max number of positions 1 does this mean that if the EA opened a sell trade for example then it triggered afterwords a buy trade will it close the sell trade automaticly even if it didnt hit the target or loss and open the buy trade? or it won"t open the buy trade since the sell is still opened ?? pls advice and what can i do if i want the system to close the sell trade automaticlly if a buy trade is triggered and take the buy trade and viceversa??
thanks

Post subject: Re: Max number of positions
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:18 am 

Every time a TA icon is evaluated as true it triggers an action (the icon connected to the TA - let's say BUY or SELL)
Let's say you max number of positions is 1.
The ea starts, a TA is evaluated to BUY. Then it checks max number of positions, it's 0, so a position is opened. In the next bar the TA is evaluated to BUY. Then it checks max number of positions, it's 1, so NO position is opened.
Next bar, a TA is evaluated to SELL. It closes all existing long (BUYS), then it opens 1 position. So max number of positions makes sure that long or short your max opened positions is 1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:08 am 

In a 2 pair EA, does maxnumberofpositions work in parallel?

For example, let's say I set maxnumberofpostions to 10 on one EA that trades both EURUSD and GBPUSD. The value of symbol_bn between EURUSD and GBPUSD must be different, so I'm thinking 10 for EURUSD and 10 for GBPUSD. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:58 pm 

If you put the pair in the buy/sell icon, it will use a different count per pair so you will have 20 (10 per pair)