molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: error 130 invalid stops
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:49 pm 

The downsize of ecn is that there is a lag between order execution and adding the stops. In the worst case scenario the stops may be invalid. This does not happen often - I have not seen it - but in theory it could happen:
If you send the order, and the server is busy and takes 5 seconds to reply, and the market jumped during those 5 seconds, the original stops may be invalid because the market already moved (up or down)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:04 pm 

molanisfx wrote:
The downsize of ecn is that there is a lag between order execution and adding the stops. In the worst case scenario the stops may be invalid. This does not happen often - I have not seen it - but in theory it could happen:
If you send the order, and the server is busy and takes 5 seconds to reply, and the market jumped during those 5 seconds, the original stops may be invalid because the market already moved (up or down)

Hi Molanis.

With all due respect Sir u did not answer my question. But i learnt something new if it is ECN!!!

My question was for the non-ECN but set at FASLSE. Why is it not recommended?

(My tp in all 77 EAs is 40pips and sl is 183pips. EURUSD only. What happens usually is when the error occurs if the entry price is 1.2345 the tp will be 1.2346 and the sl 1.2344. Its always 1 pip away both ways, which is not wat the setting is).

If it STILL works the same way, send order first, and then send tpsl it is fine by me. Is there any other issues for why it is not recommrnded?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:12 pm 

kitz328 wrote:
molanisfx wrote:

Hi Molanis.

With all due respect Sir u did not answer my question. But i learnt something new if it is ECN!!!

My question was for the non-ECN but set at FASLSE. Why is it not recommended?

(My tp in all 77 EAs is 40pips and sl is 183pips. EURUSD only. What happens usually is when the error occurs if the entry price is 1.2345 the tp will be 1.2346 and the sl 1.2344. Its always 1 pip away both ways, which is not wat the setting is).

If it STILL works the same way in non-ECN, i.e send order first and then send tpsl, it is fine by me. Is there any other issues for why it is not recommrnded for non-ECN?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:46 am 

I did. You can get an invalid stop due to a delay. Why would you use an ecn setup for a non ecn broker? To be open to the possibility of an invalid stop which in theory may happen? It is better to send the stop with the order for the server to get it at the same time.
If your stops are not what they should be you may want to check if you use a 4 digit broker. By default the software is set for 5 digits - if you use 4 digits you need to go to the ea variables and set 4 digits. There must be something odd in the way you see the data since brokers do not take 1 pip stops. The min stops must be equal to the spread, and broker set up servers to accept on average a min of 20 pips.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:33 am 

Hi Sir,

Please see attachment. Notice that the sl and tp are 1 pip away from the entry price. It is because of this that the execution failed.

My broker is a 4Digit broker. OrderIncludeTPSL set at True. I wasn't sure if my Broker is ECN or non-ECN. My TP is constant at 40pips. My SL is between 170-183 pips. I am operating 11 trading accounts. Each account has 7 EAS. In essence all 77 EAS are different due to their different Magic Number. Trades EURUSD only. BUY positions only. Operating on WINDOWS XP, 3Gig RAM, good broadband. I have been trading successfully like this for more than a year :D ;) .

This problem was rare when I was trading with 6 or 7 accounts. But it is happening 1 or 2 out of 20 times since i am operating 11 accounts now. For a long time ECN or not I didnt pay attention because of my successful trade execution. I only learnt that it may matter (ECN or not) through your Forums when i check what is "invalid stops" is all about.

Why is my SL and TP 1 pip away from entry price?

Attachments:
File comment: Please see the sl and to are 1 pip away from entry price.
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 142.57 KiB | Viewed 5550 times ]
File comment: Please see the sl and tp are 1 pip away from the entry price.
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 162.14 KiB | Viewed 5551 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:07 am 

I would need to see the ea and the logs to check your setup and look for a cause
Make sure you set 4 digits for your ea under the mt4 ea variables
I do not think that email comes from the strategy builder. Are you using a modified ea or custom coding?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:11 pm 

molanisfx wrote:
I would need to see the ea and the logs to check your setup and look for a cause
Make sure you set 4 digits for your ea under the mt4 ea variables
I do not think that email comes from the strategy builder. Are you using a modified ea or custom coding?

Is it okay if I change the Trading Conditions a little before I send it to you? Its just for confidentiality :)

The emails DOES come from the strategy builder. It's PURE Molanis and I like it dat much. I'm having the Pro Version and I am having the pleasure of altering some "mailstring" parameters because I sell these emails as Signal Service and JangoMail USA is helping me integrate their email broadcast capability with the Builder. It has worked superbly fine until recently when I started to trade in more and more accounts.

All along I have been trading in 4Digit accounts at InstaForex. Their HongKong server is a 4Digit Server. I am not sure if they are ECN or not but OderIncludeTPSL has been TRUE all along and EA have been trading successfully for more than a year.

I am running 11 accounts from 11 .exe MT4 directories. The sl and tp being 1 pip away from entry price was a negligible problem when i was operating 6-7 accounts. Its getting more now but still at an acceptable level.

This '1 pip away' problem is the cause of the "M130 Invalid Stops" error.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:31 pm 

If you send the file for molanis strategy builder I can help you in the forum - I think that is not the case here. If you send me a modified ea and you change it I cannot help you in the forum. For that you need to send us an email and we may treat it as a custom development.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:04 pm 

Hi Molanis,

I am not C++ qualified. But these are the changes made (because they are plain English stntences) in the script.

- Strategy Comments/Property copyright - Developed by Jasuli Suliadi Jefri. Google - Kitz3281.
- Strategy Comments/Property Link - http://www.Http://www.facebook.com/forex.eurusdea
- Expert Start Function - This Automated Trading Strategy Computer Program is developed by Jasuli Suliadi Jefri.
- Verify Order Execution/prepare email/mailstring - Trade details are as follows / .. by Jasuli Computer Program/ or Trade entries for Account 1202257.
- [password-send Testlist] is added infront of " EA" for the successfull/failed Trade execution.

I do not mess around with the thousands of ungrammatical funny languages other than this. I belive those are functions/commands, watever software engineers call it.

Numerically any other changes are as found at the Start Icon. Or when EA is running numerical changes are made at the Common/Input.

That is why I cant figure out where this "1 pip away" that causes the "Invalid Stops" comes from.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:48 am 

Your best bet is to look at the logs.. and add print command where it fits.
In the logs it shows the order info. If you send the ea by email the way it works without changes I may take a look. You have to understand that when people add code to eas they may add bugs as well. eas that come directly from the strategy builder do not have issues otherwise you will see the forum with a lot of people complaining which is not the case.