molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 7:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: INCORRECT TRADES
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:47 am 

I found very simple solution, it just should be mode 0<10000 and mode 0>0. This indicator doesn't repaint, quite useful in scalping strategies when used smart. I have different problem. I've noticed strange thing. EA created by molanis doesn't work when indicator used in strategy is not in "experts\indicators" folder. Actually it's not a problem, but I don't understand it, if it's in EA code why it doesn't work? The problem is that when I tried to trade on more than one chart EA trades only on marked one (example on screenshot). In this example there are market emotions and sentiment indicator which are displayed only when chart is marked, unfortunately it's problem of many indicators. Is there any solution of this problem?

Attachments:
capture12.jpg
capture12.jpg [ 149.08 KiB | Viewed 2965 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:13 am 
Site Admin

I know you are learning but your questions and doubts about our product are due to your lack of knowledge in mt4.
We give support for our product but cannot teach you mt4

EA created by molanis doesn't work when indicator used in strategy is not in "experts\indicators" folder. This is the standard in mt4, eas should be in experts, indicators should be in experts\indicators

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:29 am 

Of course, I know that. I was asking about something else. Coded EA should be running without additional indicators .mq4 files, right? When you buy EA nobody doesn't give you additional indicators files to add in the folder, it just running, no matter what conditions it uses. Moreover, I haven't had any situation that EA is running only on marked chart, only in this case. I just don't want to run 10 mt4 platform to test different settings.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:10 am 

I only understand one part of your question.
mt4 comes with some standard indicators so every mt4 installation can use them. Those standard indicators are the ones available in our software. All the indicators that do not come with mt4 are considered to be custom indicators.
If you build or buy an ea that uses the standard indicators you only need the compiled ea to trade (.ex4). You put it in the experts folder and it works because the indicators are already in the indicators directory.
If you use a custom indicator in your ea, it does not come with mt4, so you need to compile it an put it in the indicators directory. Thus in this case you need the ea and the indicator.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:27 am 

Good to know, I thought that coded EA doesn't need to use in addition code of each indicator in MT4. I bought some EAs (anyway always scam that I returned) and I never got any indicator to add to MT4. Does it mean it was using only standard indicators in MT4?

Second question is much more important. As you can see on previous screenshot, I marked eurusd chart and it's the only one where EA trades when it uses custom indicators like market emotion. For example market emotion and many other indicators display value only on one chart that you use in the moment, so even when you have opened many charts with EA attached it will work only on one of them. Can I do something with that? I don't know if my explanation is good enough, so I enclose simple strategy, so you can check it. Just attach EA on 2 charts and let it trade. It will trade only one of that is marked at the moment.

Attachments:
Symphonie_Sentiment_Indikator.mq4 [4.06 KiB]
Downloaded 378 times
Symphonie_Market_Emotion_Indikator.mq4 [2.81 KiB]
Downloaded 357 times
TEST 777.mol [9.92 KiB]
Downloaded 398 times

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:32 am 

Probabbly the eas you got used standard indicators or just price based logic
We cannot help you with your indicators due to our copyright policies. One indicator does not show the original code - the code may have been obtained in a way that goes against copyright protection. Every time an indicator has stuff like g_ibuf_80, things that are not human readable means that it's not the original indicator.