molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Trailing Stop not initialized
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:48 pm 

Attached is my .mol file which is supposed to do noting more than initiate a trade and place a TP, SL & TS.
Upon examination the EA does initiate the trade, it does establish the predefined TP and SL but it does NOT establish the Trailing Stop. Please tell me why.

Also, how can I make an indicator that shows a trailing stop as a line like the SL?

Attachments:
BUY LONG TICK 1x.1EA.mol [5.18 KiB]
Downloaded 704 times

Post subject: Re: Trailing Stop not initialized
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:47 am 

Trailing Stop is not something that it is shown by the server as tp and sl. TS works on the client side - you will not see it on mt4. You will see that sl changes when ts is executed.
Seeing ts in backtesting is hard too since you can set it up to be evaluated every tick, bar, or every n minutes. To see it in backtesting the best way is to leave the default so it is evaluated once per bar at the open. You will only see that sl changes. If you look at the logs it will say that it changes due to ts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:44 pm 

molanisfx wrote:
Trailing Stop is not something that it is shown by the server as tp and sl. TS works on the client side - you will not see it on mt4. You will see that sl changes when ts is executed.

Something I discovered is that in order to get a TS to execute is very cumbersome. The Molanis EA does not initiate it, which is very disappointing. I'm not sure why you even have it as an option in the program.
What I need to do is this: Click on Terminal, Trade tab, right click symbol, left click trailing stop and then choose the pips I want. The S/L price displayed now turns yellow which I take to mean that the TS is active.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:06 pm 

In the original MT4, TS were managed by the EA. MT4 did not have that option you mention. In the latest versions of MT4 many of the features of MT5 moved to MT4, this is why now you see that option which is a manual option and is not controlled by the ea. We are waiting for those MT5 features to be used for a while before we changed our code to include them. MetaQuotes that owns MT4 and MT5 is in the process or joining both clients mt4 and mt5 in one. We will add new features when we are sure many people use them in real trading. Will not add features unless it is fully tested.

In short for now, TS will work the way it has been working since MT4 was launched.