molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Out of Range Order Execution
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:10 pm 

Attached is a picture of a BUY order execution 17 pips above the high bar of a 15 minute chart. Also attached is the .mol file for the very simple EA that I created that is supposed to do nothing more than execute a "BUY" on a tick and establish TP, SL, and TS levels. I have noticed many of my orders executing out of range of what I thought was 3 pips allowed slippage. Unfortunately this one at 17 pips away from the quote is not uncommon. I have watched trades execute when the spread between Bid & Ask was around 3 pips and the trade executes at 12 pips away from the Ask price. VERY aggravating. :evil:

Please examine and advise if I have something screwed up and how I can get orders to execute closer to the quote prices instead of being so far away.

Attachments:
BUY LONG TICK 1x.1EA.mol [5.18 KiB]
Downloaded 645 times
Out of Range Trade 01.pdf [364.28 KiB]
Downloaded 743 times

Post subject: Re: Out of Range Order Execution
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:27 pm 

Please post the mt4 logs to see the transaction info. The ea prints in the logs all the info related to trading. there you can see the prices.