molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: custom heiken ashi only sells no buy
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:11 am 

Hi Molanis team. Ive been trying to figure this out for some time now and no one from the forum has replied. im hoping you can help. attached is the mol file. this will not buy unless I move the buy icon to the wrong logic. I have standard mt4 indicator heiken ashi mode four = 0 to sell and 1 to buy. but only sell works. so im submitting this as a potential bug. please prove me wrong.

Attachments:
TEST.mol [14.04 KiB]
Downloaded 820 times

Post subject: Re: custom heiken ashi only sells no buy
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:19 pm 

Interesting update:

Upon further inspection I discovered both buy and sell operate if mode four = zero. However neither work correctly if both buy and sell algorithms have heiken ashi mode four pointing to zero. The the common tread appears to be the heiken ashi indicator. I will now attempt to locate a third ha indicator on the web as I have already tested "heiken ashi.mq4" and "heiken ashi2.mq4" both having same results.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:53 pm 

a third ha smoothed indictor was located and had the same effect. even the mol file that I uploaded from the molanis forum has the same problem: only the mode four = zero option will trade. It can point to a buy or sell icon but not both within the same mol ea. I find it hard to believe that im the only person that has discovered this :?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:49 am 

Please post your latest strategy file .mol and the custom indicator you are using so we can take a look
Also explain the strategy in detail so we know how you use the indicator