molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 10:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: error coming
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:17 am 

Q1- sir your ea is good when i use 1 currency it is good , but problem is coming when i put new ea in live market & when i change the time frame in a live market while another ea is working error is coming like ,There are existing positions that could affect the logic of this EA. We strongly advise you to close all pending & open positions/orders before executing this EA.

Q2 when i create the EA after completing the ea the error is coming like these Error metatrader cannot be found.
Please make sure that metaeditor.exe is located on the meta trader directory. Ea will be generate but the ea code wont be opened automatically.

Post subject: Re: error coming
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:53 am 
Site Admin

Q1 Every time you change the timeframe the EA resets so it is similar to attach it again to the chart. Changing the timeframe is not recommended unless you really know what you are doing. For example in one time frame the logic will look at the indicator values and will say Buy, if you go to another timeframe the indicator values may say SELL.
When the EA starts it checks for existing positions. If there are existing positions it shows that warning for you to be aware and take action. It is just that "a warning".
For example, after changing the timeframe you see the warning, you may say my ea should buy but it does not so you will complain and say the ea does not work. Probably if there are existing positions the ea will not buy because the max number of positions has been reached. The warning is there for you to think how is this going to affect my ea.

For Q2, read the set up guide at http://www.molanis.com/images/stories/m ... olanis.pdf
You need to set up the mt4 directory which seems to be pointing to the wrong directory. it should be like C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4
The other part to set up is the mql4 directory. That seems to be fine or you would not see the ea in mt4