molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 12:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: EA not compiling
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:50 am 

Hi,

I'm running the Beta of 3.2 alongside Metatrader (build 600). I have successfully set up the two directories (they 'verify' when I click that button). I am attempting to compile the downloadable examples (so assume the coding is correct!). The diagrams verify.

However, when I attempt to compile the EA, I receive an error message saying that compiler execution failed. It suggests I should look at the log file and, if necessary, forward that to Molanis. When I go to the directory where the log file has reportedly been created (C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Metaquotes\Terminal\ etc) I can see that the folder has been accessed (the date/time reflect when I attempted to compile the new EA), but there is no text file inside and no EA.

I suspect this is something to do with the read/write permissions on that folder, but other than ensure that all the options are ticked in terms of what I have permission to do, I'm totally stuck. Does anyone have any ideas how to proceed? I've noticed that, every time I click on the 'Properties' tab for the 'Experts' folder, the Attributes/Read-only box is blue. I'm running as a user not administrator, but both sets of access privileges are identical.

Post subject: Re: EA not compiling
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:06 am 
Site Admin

If C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Metaquotes\Terminal\ etc is under your windows user name you do not have to worry about permissions.
Post your .mol file or send it by email. A wrong custom indicator or variable definition can cause that error

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:37 am 

I have the exact same error

1) I have windows XP
2) I have the 3.2 Molanis version
3) I have "verify" (in Molanis) the MetaTrader Directory /Data Folder in MetaTrader setup
4) I have the same problem with default indicators of MetaTrader and with icostum indicators

Please help me (see the attach)
Ambrogio

Attachments:
Cartel1.pdf [12.1 KiB]
Downloaded 434 times

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:55 am 

We will release a new version on Friday (or in the weekend) that will make the set up easier