molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 2:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Build up of log file
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:26 am 

I've got a question:

In the EA we can set the ShowWarnings to false. And indeed this stops the popups on the screen (alarm). However if you take a look at the Experts tab in the terminal window, you see a constant stream of messages every microsecond with the warning trading not allowed . Also the log file is getting bigger by the hour.

I like to set up my EA's beforehand and I use the option (Allow live trading) to "pause" the EA until some parameters are met. But these build-up of messages worry me, I'm afraid at some point it will crash metatrader.

Can it be shut down completely???

Post subject: Re: Build up of log file
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:02 am 
Site Admin

You will need to edit the mql code for that. The ea prints everything to the logs in case you need to know why a trade was taken or in case you need to dispute a trade with the broker. MT4 is able to manage big logs files. It creates log files every day, so every day it uses a new file.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:13 am 

Oke thanks, just in case I leave it off for now.

What's the point by the way for having the option Allow live trading if it just generates a massive amount of errors???

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:04 pm 

If you mean the checkbox in mt4 Allow live trading, it is a check to allow trades to go to the server. It does not mean the trade will always be executed. You can have requotes, time outs to the server, internet issues - I mean those are the worst case scenarios. Most of the times no issues are present.