molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 9:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: How to select more variables for optimization
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:03 am 

Hello Molanis,

I have a problem is that, I can Create many variables as I need in the mtvar icon. but how do I select more than one variables in TA+? because I can only select one variable at one time, and I won't be able to select more than one variables at the same time. For example, how to optimization for intExtDepth, intExtDeviation and intExtBackstep at the same time?
kindly let me know how to do that!

Thank you in advance!

Post subject: Re: How to select more variables for optimization
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:42 pm 

Create one variable per input.(3 in your case)
In the TA+ assign the variable to the ea input (select it from the drop down menu)
In mt4, you can select those 3 variables at the same time for optimization

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:21 pm 

Thank you for your reply!

I can create 3 variable in the VARIABLE META TRADER, but in the TA+ from drop down menu, I can see the 3 variables are there, but I can only select one variable at a time and I won be able to select all the 3 variable at the same time. under mt4 input, I can only see one of that variable what I was selected, its only one variable. Kindly let me know more in detail how to do it! I am quite confusing.

Thank you for your help!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:42 pm 

As I said you can assign one variable per input. For an indicator period you assign one variable. It does not make sense to assign 2 or more.
If you want to test for example ma types to see what is the difference among sma, ema, etc you assign one variable to the ma type. Then you find out the possible values for the type as shown here http://docs.mql4.com/constants/indicato ... _ma_method
Then in mt4 optimization options you use those values as in use 0 to 3 step 1. It is simpler to create several eas and test it separately.