molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 2:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Problem with TIB315 Demo App
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:49 pm 

I have installed Java and I could also successfully verify that MetaTrader Config is OK, with the Directory containing both the Editor and Lang files. However, when I tried with the TI's Trading Block editor by typing the following in the 3 fields below and clicking the Test Equation button, I kept getting the error message 'ERROR : Your equation has errors. Please review your indicator calculation and try again.'

Calculation: High[i]
Advanced Formula: Highest
Advanced Period: 5

Please advice.

Thanks very much!

Post subject: Re: Problem with TIB315 Demo App
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:34 pm 
Site Admin

Can you please post your molanis indicator moi file? can you create one?
That is a basic formula and should work fine. Please try one of the examples here viewtopic.php?f=9&t=47

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:36 am 

admin wrote:
Can you please post your molanis indicator moi file? can you create one?
That is a basic formula and should work fine. Please try one of the examples here viewtopic.php?f=9&t=47

Thanks for your response.

I tried looking online for a free or demo moi file reader and converter, but all in vain. Some require me to provide my Credit card info (which I'm not comfortable as I may forget to cancel after the trial and they'd just debit my card), while the others (after downloading and successful installation) won't read the downloaded moi file.

Can I record it in avi, mp4, mov or any other format? I have a Camtasia studio to record.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:48 am 

What you try to do is really simple and it is odd to get an error. I did it and had no issues. See attachment.

The link I gave you have the examples for the indicator builder. Read the whole post, the initial files are outdated. The latest one works fine.

Attachments:
File comment: Image that shows how it is done
highest.PNG
highest.PNG [ 29.87 KiB | Viewed 4601 times ]
File comment: File for the indicator builder
highest.moi [1.45 KiB]
Downloaded 391 times

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:41 am 

molanisfx wrote:
What you try to do is really simple and it is odd to get an error. I did it and had no issues. See attachment.

The link I gave you have the examples for the indicator builder. Read the whole post, the initial files are outdated. The latest one works fine.

My Windows Media Player couldn't recognize .moi file. I don't have any other player to open .moi file.

I noticed that the Calculation field in the Trading Block Editor you displayed is empty, and yet no Error message is shown? Weird. Perhaps, I'm dumb.

Just can't get it to work. And being unable to open .moi files, am getting quite disappointed spending days on this without any progress.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:41 am 

moi is the file for the indicator builder - open the indicator builder and open the file I attached in my previous post
The calculation is empty because you need to close the windows and open it again to see it - that is normal behavior when you add a signal