molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 7:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Time Zone on Mtr4
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:27 am 

Hi,

Just wanted to ask a quick basic question regarding time zone on Mtr4...and I also wanted to confirm that by activating the Trading Time Filter on the start icon of the EA allows the EA to trade within the designated time frames? In terms of selecting a time frame such as 9 to 21 does that mean that trading will be conducted in conjunction with the Mtr4 server time which is in line with "financial time"?

Kind regards

Corrie

Post subject: Re: Time Zone on Mtr4
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:02 pm 

We recommend you take a look at the user guide that comes with the product. Or you can get it at molanis.com/support/manuals

From the user guide page 12:
Trading Time Filter
Allows to open/close positions according to a SERVER time (hour) filter. If ON, you need to set Trading Hours Start and Trading Hours End

Keep in mind that the time filter in the Start icon is applied to the EA. There is also a time icon that can be applied to just one or more trading conditions and not to the whole Expert Advisor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:20 pm 

Thanks for your response...I have now noticed that the trading time frame is present in the Mtr4 chart where the EA is attached i.e. "General settings: Server time =5h:18m - current server time is NOT between trading time hours - trading time is from 9 to 22 hours". This is correct as the server time was 05:18am at the time of this posting. However, it's only displaying that message on 3 out of the 5 charts (currency pairs) that the EA is attached to. I have another EA (separate strategy) with the same time frame instruction but the chart does not display the above message on those respective charts, despite the trading time filter being on??

Is there something wrong? Will the trading times be adhered to without the above message displaying on the charts? I have checked and rechecked the EA start icon and it is reflecting the correct settings...

Hope you can shed some light on this issue...

Kind regards

Corrie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:10 am 

Maybe there is a problem on your end or you attached the wrong ea. If the general time filter is on you will see messages on the screen regardless of the server time