molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 7:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Do EAs work when your computer is turned off?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:08 am 

Hi,

Can you please confirm whether the EAs work when your computer is turned off? The reason I ask is that there were some trigger points throughout the trading day (today) but my EA never activated? I am trialling a new EA and I was looking to see how it performed today and there were no trades across 3 currency pairs when there should've. Then not long after turning my computer on and logging into Metatrader4 a trade activated. As mentioned I could see where trades should've triggered today on a few occasions but they didn't' for some reason so I was wondering does Metatader4 work when your computer is switched off? I have checked and rechecked my EA conditions and they are correct. If they are meant to work when your computer is turned off what could be the reason why they are not?

Could you please assist in rectifying this problem...

Thanks

Corrie

Post subject: Re: Do EAs work when your computer is turned off?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:28 pm 

Code:
EAs work when your computer is turned off?

No. Mt4 uses a client server approach. Your pc is the client that send commands to the server. There is no communication to trade with the server if your pc is off, or if mt4 is not open, or if the ea is not attached to the chart.
The only thing that works when the pc is off is the stops because the server saves those values when the order is received

Post subject: Re: Do EAs work when your computer is turned off?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:37 pm 

Thanks for the explanation...

Regards

Corrie