molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: EA not reliable when it comes to trade executions
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:25 am 

Hi EA experts,

I’m hoping someone can help me with my EA problem. My EA does not seem to be reliable when it comes to executing the trade. At times it has triggered correctly and at times does not trigger at all (despite the right “set up” conditions being present). And it has also triggered where only some of the strategy conditions have been met? For example the EA has triggered a trade when the MACD condition has not been met i.e. if all other conditions have been met and the MACD is < 0.000010 (in a buy trade) it has entered a trade. The other issues I’m experiencing relates to the MA cross over. Another example of where the trade will sometimes trigger without all MA cross over conditions being met is as follows: TA (block 1) details - period 5M, Applied price – price close, 5EMA shift = 2, <Lower than, period 5M, Applied price – price close, 50 EMA shift = 2 has at times been correct but TA (block 2) details - period 5M, Applied price – price close, 5EMA shift = 1, >higher than, period 5M, Applied price – price close, 50 EMA shift = 1 has not been met and (at times) the trade has triggered. And as mentioned sometimes all conditions have been met and the trade will not trigger at all?

I have attached a Mol.file of my strategy to see if you can determine if I have programmed some part of my EA incorrectly?

I am really looking forward to your help...

Corrie

Attachments:
File comment: EA strategy Mol.file attached
5 min MA xoss ovr wMACDenq.mol [17 KiB]
Downloaded 389 times

Post subject: Re: EA not reliable when it comes to trade executions
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:59 pm 
Site Admin

I do not see any errors on the ea. You only need to be sure you attach it to a 5 min chart and that your indicators have the same settings as in the ea. I would remove the timeframe 5 min from all icons and use current timeframe. I only select the timeframe or the currency if I work on multi timeframe or multicurrency ea - otherwise I always use the default this way it works for all pairs - all timeframes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:05 am 

i'm having the same problem as well. It triggers incorrectly and partially. I was completely shocked when it triggered my SL at value the candlestick never reached. it did the same thing on the backtest, and i thought live trading will produce a better result. please help, i've attached my mol file

Attachments:
audnzd_pm1a.mol [24.59 KiB]
Downloaded 390 times

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:02 pm 

The sl is executed by the server not by the ea. The ea tells the server where the sl is located and the server executes it - this info is send with the order to trade. Backtesting simulates that behavior. What we need from you is a chart showing the issue and a copy from the mt4 logs - this way we will explain the behaviour.