molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 1:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Adding an Alert to an Indicator made with Molanis indi tools
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:38 pm 

I have made an indicator using your Indicator builder program, It shows Lines to display a channel within a channel. I would like to add an alert to this indicator , but am not at all sure on how to do it... I believe I would need to use the Molanis Strategy builder to do this. I do not have the pro strategy builder , only the standard strategy builder. This indicator is very good at showing exact points of entry and exits , (Inner Channel bouncing off Outer Channel walls ), therefore an alert would be great... If you could shed some light on how an alert would be added It would be greatly appreciated. I am guessing it has something to do with using the MQL code Block , and the indicator equations... I am totaly lost on how to do this... If there is an instructional video on how to program using the MQL Code Block, Please let me know where it is , I have looked everywhere on all your sites and forum.

Post subject: Re: Adding an Alert to an Indicator made with Molanis indi tools
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:52 pm 
Site Admin

You need to create an ea with the strategy builder and set it to alert instead of trade (you do this in the start icon execution type = alert)
To create the ea use the TA icon and select custom. Since you do not have a pro version you cannot import the indicator so you need to set it up manually (typing the info manually) - with the pro version it is automatic (no need to type)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:38 pm 

admin wrote:
You need to create an ea with the strategy builder and set it to alert instead of trade (you do this in the start icon execution type = alert)
To create the ea use the TA icon and select custom. Since you do not have a pro version you cannot import the indicator so you need to set it up manually (typing the info manually) - with the pro version it is automatic (no need to type)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am assuming you mean I have to type in the indicator equations , into the Cutom Fields box for the Custom EA Alert being created..... is this correct ?

This is what I would type into the Custom Fields box ? ---> ((High[i]+High[i+1])/2+0.011355)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:45 am 

No. When you create the indicator it tells you the mode and how to integrate it with the strategy builder.
In the strategy builder, in TAs, look for custom. Then in the custom fields you need to add something like "indicator name", and in mode select the right mode

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:49 pm 

Ok , I got the alert to work in the EA. Now I have tried to make an EA using my Molanis created indicator I got it all assembled , all the modes placed right , The diagram has been Validated... the MLq code compiled, but when I try to test it with the Metatrader Strategy tester it does not make any trades.... I looked at the data window to make sure there are conditions met and still no trades... Any suggestions
All the modes are in the right slots , the shifts are all set right... using completed candle to set trades..... but no trades show up.. Any help would be appreciated... Thanks

The EA is a cross over EA..... using my custom molanis indicator as the lines that touch or cross... as the condition that trips a trade.
???

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:20 am 

Did you try backtesting it? make sure you have it in trade and not in alert mode.
To be able to help you you need to upload the .mol and moi files

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:14 pm 

To be able to help you you need to upload the .mol and moi files[/quote]

--------------------
I went through every detail again and even remade the EA ... I did a back test on it several time and it still does not make any trades , also It does not show the graphic of the indicator on the Mt4 platform tester window , should it ? It runs through the whole time period to be tested but makes NO Trades.... :cry:
Is there a more private way of posting the .mol and .moi files ?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:02 pm 

Send us an email. Mind you it may take a long time to get an answer by email when compared with the forum unless you have an email support contract

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:54 pm 

Ok..... I can not find where I am going wrong so here are the .moi and .mol files .... I hope there is a solution , Thanks for your help so far.

The Indicator and EA are specificaly made for the Eur/Usd pair and 15 minute time frame...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:11 pm 

I think your problem is that you have trading conditions like indicator a = indicator b which is fine for indicator with values like 0 and 1 like flags, but not for your indicators. Prices do not move continuously - they jump, also 1.43452 is not equal to 1.43451 so the decimal makes the indicators different. You may want to define the condition in a different way or use the mql icon to compare the indicators but using an extra mql command to reduce the number of decimals. Google NormalizeDouble that is the command to round prices