molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 2:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Error 8 too frequent requests
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:07 am 

I've got a few very very simple EA's set up. But sometimes I get these code 8 errors, meaning that there are too many requests. The sad part is that the trade then is not executed, and since my EA's are set up with the "wait until an opposite trade is opened" I'm missing out on some moves.

So my question is: Where do these code 8 errors come from? Is it server related? (I'm using Alpari Demo at the moment) or is it an error in the Molanis Strategy Builder?

Post subject: Re: Error 8 too frequent requests
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:59 pm 

First time I hear about that error. In theory it means that the ea tries to get data from the server too often so the server says give me a break. Do you see this in an ea? or in many eas?
Can you post one of the eas strategy file .mol file here? (not the mq4 file)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:17 am 

Last edited by mrjixies on Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:10 am 

You mean you attach the same ea to 40 charts? That would be the issue - 40 ea in one terminal is too many for the server to manage so it says too many request from you. Also it can create execution issues since only one ea is executed at a time, so all the other 39 have to wait until the first one is executed.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:16 am 

Thats what I thought to, so this morning I tried it with only 10, same problem occurs.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:07 pm 

Your example does not make any sense. To really assess the ea complexity I need to see the real ea.
If you trade ticks even 10 EAs may be too much

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:16 am 

This is the real EA I use? I only use a multitude of them with different names so it's easier for me. But now maybe I know what the problem is, some are overlapping on the same line or close to it. And if metatrader can only handle one request at a time (really weird in my opinion) that might give the errors.

So now I'm going to set up a test with overlapping, and one with at least 10 pips between the lines, see what happens then.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:23 am 

MT4 only executes one ea at a time - and brokers do not like eas that execute every tick because they think they are scalpers.