molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 8:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Dualing Trades
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:04 am 

My multi-currency EA has several different groups of conditions to enter trades. An example would be the ea is set to BUY on a Bullish Engulfing pattern plus MA Cross. A different BUY order is set to execute when MAO > 0 and breaks a Trendline.
Sometimes these different set of conditions happen at the same time. When that happens, the EA does not execute either set of conditions.

The EA is set for 5 MaxNumberofPostions...but still nothing. Please advise.

Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Dualing Trades
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:06 pm 
Site Admin

Please post your .mol file to take a look.
Do you trade the current bar (shift=0)? If that is the case you cannot look at the chart after the fact to confirm your trades since the charts plots the close and you trade at the open. You should look at the logs. The ea prints everything. You can see when and why the trades are executed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:18 am 

I do not use the current bar [0] as it is so unreliable. It rarely executes as I have tried it any number of ways.

I'm still having trouble understanding a couple of things. Last night at 5:00 gmt I was taken out of a CADJPY trade. The only CL/CS trading blocks I'm using is a MA cross. However, I was taken out of two trades on a doji. No MA cross. I don't get it.

The other thing I find difficult to understand is, I have an EA that works. When I take that exact EA, turn it into a multi-currency EA, and only change the Symbols to reflect the other pairs I'm incorporating into the Multi-currency EA, it doesn't work 99% of the time. What am I missing? Please advise.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:58 pm 

To understand why your positions are closed you need to look at the logs. The ea prints everything.
There is no way to know why your multi currency ea works 99% of the time without looking at it and looking at the logs. Post that info if possible.