molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 8:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: .. with Old Version .. please build your strategy again.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:17 am 

Hi

I just got the Pro license. Have successfully installed it. It's working. I can access the Codes. However I feel something is not right so I would like to check out what's the problem.

Say, I open up a file called Stochastics-1516. At the TRADING DIAGRAM tab I pressed GENERATE MQL4 CODE, and out comes the box to CREATE EXPERT ADVISOR FOR METATRADER4. I pressed yes.

When I do this out comes a message - Stochastics-1516 ALREADY EXISTS IN THE EXPERT DIRECTORY. DO YOU WANT TO REPLACE IT. I pressed yes. Out comes the METAEDITOR.

At this METAEDITOR I just change the MaxOrderRetry - from 100 I change it to 12. I now save the file as Stochastics-1516aaa. I then COMPILE. No errors indicated.

I open up my MT4 and this Stochastics-1516aaa is there in the Navigator. And prior to attach it to chart if I press to MODIFY I can see the change I made at METAEDITOR has been effected - the MaxORDERretry is indeed changed to 12. This change is also reflected at the STRATEGY TESTER when I call out his file.

However, when I go back to MOLANIS this Stochastics-1516aaa is not there for me to open it. After a SEARCH in Windows Explorer I find this file in the expert directory of my MT4. And when I try to open it from this folder I get this message - ' ....created with an Old Version. .. please build your strategy again' .

How do I open up this Stochastics-1516aaa at Molanis SB? Is this an installation issue or is this a MetaTrader Directory issue? Instal re install? My 'landsape' page setting is also not functioning.

Please help.

Post subject: Re: .. with Old Version .. please build your strategy again.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:37 pm 
Site Admin

The strategy builder uses the name of the .mol file as the ea name. It goes like ea.mol creates ea.mq4 and ea.ex4
If you take ea.mq4 and save it a ea2.mq4 nothing will be reflected in the builder. No ea2.mol will be created.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:58 am 

I get it - the ea.mol produces ea.ex4 and ea.mq4.

Can I convert it back by way of 'save as' back to .mol?

Or that it just doesn't work that way?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:53 pm 

It only works on this way "the ea.mol produces ea.ex4 and ea.mq4"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:56 am 

I got it.

Tks!