molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 12:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Pending Orders Questions
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:34 am 

Hi Molanis

Why doesn't pending orders have trailing stops? They are in the inputs but I want that set in the programming at 40 so I don't have to click the inputs every time I use the EA.
If I want a pending order to sit there for a day or two, how can I do that? the expiration minutes are set to 500.
The manual doesn't really explain what 5 offset pips are? what exactly are these and why is this option in there? I am assuming they are the number of pips away from the current price -- so this is where you set the trigger instead of being able to enter an exact price? I hope I am calculating pips and not points. It could be confusing and price could change by the time you are finished with your inputs and the ea actually activates on the chart.

Post subject: Re: Pending Orders Questions
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:58 am 

Quote:
Why doesn't pending orders have trailing stops?

Because there is nothing to check until the pending order is executed. Eventually we may add that feature.

Quote:
If I want a pending order to sit there for a day or two, how can I do that?

You will need to increase the minutes in metaeditor.

Quote:
The manual doesn't really explain what 5 offset pips are?

You are correct. The info is on the what is new page
BUY P - Pending Buy icon: Executes a BuyStop at the Ask price + a buffer (offset in pips). BuyStop is a pending order to buy a currency pair at a price higher than the current price. The order will be executed (modified into market order Buy) if the Ask price reaches or rises above the price set in the pending order.
SELL P - Pending Sell icon: Executes a SellStop at the Bid price - a buffer (offset in pips). SellStop is a pending order to sell a currency pair at a price lower than the current one. The order will be executed (modified into market order Sell) if the Bid price reaches or falls below the price set in the pending order

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:19 pm 

Can a buy pending order be set for a price lower than the current price instead of higher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:23 am 

Limit orders come in 4 types. We implemented 2 and will add the other 2 in the new version. The one you describe is one of the 2 that are not available yet