molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 1 trade per bar
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:43 am 

Hi,

Can you please let me know when the feature of one trade per bar will be implemented. I did ask for this feature a while back, but nothing had been done about it.

Basically, if either my TP or SL is hit on a the same 5 min bar that it had entered in, I don't want it to enter again until the criteria is met on the next bar, i.e. 1 trade per bar only.

Cheers,

Post subject: Re: 1 trade per bar
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:58 am 

That feature is in the beta version. See http://www.molanis.com/products/molanis ... or-builder it is called next trade management option. There is one example (ma crossover) in the examples pages under the beta version

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:05 pm 

So as I understand, "next trade management option" still doesn't solve the problem?

With the current option EA will not open a new trade in the next bar when opposite trade hasn't been made... ?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:00 am 

Code:
Basically, if either my TP or SL is hit on a the same 5 min bar that it had entered in, I don't want it to enter again until the criteria is met on the next bar, i.e. 1 trade per bar only.

Next trade management does solve the issue above. If you are out due to tp or sl, it won't open a new position until it gets an opposite signal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:23 pm 

avs wrote:
So as I understand, "next trade management option" still doesn't solve the problem?

With the current option EA will not open a new trade in the next bar when opposite trade hasn't been made... ?

This might be what you're looking for: http://www.molanis.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10210#p10210. It's in the One Trade Per Day thread, so you probably missed it. Good luck.