molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 7:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 'By Molanis Stategy Builder' ...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:42 am 

Hi there,

The above Caption appears at the top left screen of the chart when the EA is operating and the emails that the EAs sends out.

Does it appear in the Pro version?

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: 'By Molanis Stategy Builder' ...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:44 am 
Site Admin

Yes but you get the code in the .mq4 file so you can remove it / change it

Post subject: On YouTube, with 'By Molanis Stategy Builder' ...
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:18 pm 

Hi there,

I just got the Pro License.

I have browsed through the codes and I understand that some parts of the script are an Infringement of Copyright if messed with. I am not sure which but have no need to find out. I am not a programmer so I'd better not touch anything more than necessary. I'll just stick to altering parameters and 'true' or 'false' inserts.

I have placed some of the performances of my EAs on Youtube and on the top left corner there is a 'Built By Molanis Strategy Builder' statement. In the emails generated when there is a successful trade there is also 'Email Generated by Molanis Strategy Builder'.

1) Do you need me to remove the ' .. By Molanis Strategy Builder .. ' for the EAs that I placed on Youtube? (I'd rather you say you're ok if it's there.)

2) Is it alright if I remove it in the emails generated for the successful trades?

3) Can I sell those emails by way of a Signal Service Provider? Do you require I leave it there if I am selling these emails?

Thank you.
Google 'kitz3281'

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:33 pm 
Site Admin

With a pro license you can leave any reference to Molanis in emails or on the screen... or change it. You can sell all your eas - you own them. You cannot sell part of the code as templates to create eas. You have to sell the complete ea or indicator.
The copyright is related to the functions (parts of the code) - you cannot change that copyright. The idea is that if a users opens the code he will see that the code is generated by Molanis. If you only distribute the .ex4 file then you can keep or change Molanis references (i.e. in the copyright, in emails, alerts, message on the screen)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:30 am 

Simply put in whole or in parts DON'T SELL THE CODE.

If I am crazy enuff to sell the codes (and let others see how I do my EA) then I cannot remove the ' ... By Molanis ...' .

BUT I CAN CHANGE IT ALL TO '... By Kitz328 ... ' ONLY to sell the EA in a complete form or the Email Notifications BUT WITHOUT THE CODES.

right?

Asako makes a brand new car and sells it as Asako. All the spare parts are produced and sold as Asako Original Parts. The blueprint however was by Ford. Ford lends it's technology to Asako and give Asako rights to create and sell readymade products. But Asako cannot reproduce the blueprints and name it Asako for sale to Tanaka - I got this correct?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:56 pm 

Could you please rephrase? I do not follow.
If you only sell the ex4 file or compiled ea you can do whatever you want
If you sell the mq4 file there are some restrictions.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:55 am 

CONCLUSION.

If I sell the ex4 (EA, Signal, Indicator) I can do whatever I want.

If I sell the mq4 there are restrictions.

I got it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:53 am 

I am looking to give .ex4 files and my understanding from this post is what is printed on screen and experts tab can be removed when giving .ex4.

In custom indicator builder the mq4 files have these lines at the top of the code

Quote:
Print("M-*** Technical Indicator ",indName," created with Molanis Technical Indicator Builder 3.1 *** ");
Print("M-*** Technical Indicator ",indName," starts running at: Server Time=",TimeToStr(TimeCurrent(),TIME_DATE|TIME_SECONDS)," Terminal Time=",TimeToStr(TimeLocal(),TIME_DATE|TIME_SECONDS));
Comment("THIS CUSTOM INDICATOR HAS BEEN GENERATED BY MOLANIS TECHNICAL INDICATOR BUILDER 3.1 - www.MOLANIS.com");

Is this the part that we can edit when giving .ex4 ?

Although I have tried editing but on chart left hand screen and in expert tab, I still see the Molanis above text printed after re-compiling the mq4 after changes made.

Please advise.

Thank You

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:16 pm 
Site Admin

Since you will give the compiled files and you have a Pro version you can change whatever you want
If you change it, save it, and then compile it again. Close the chart, open it again an attach the ea or indicator