molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 2:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Strategy Builder Known Issues - Bugs
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:08 am 

List as of Feb 14, 2009

-Vista users should not install Molanis Strategy Builder in the Program Files directory: Vista protects the Program Files directory. This is a headache for our support group since most of Vista users do not understand how to deactivate/deal with this protection. As a consequence we have decided to make the default installation in a different directory.
-Some Windows 7 users need to add the Java path. This is not a bug on the Strategy Builder - It's Java related
-The Software Updates menu does not show the right information. You have the latest version if you don't get a message window when you start the Builder related to "New Version available"

Fixed.
-Decimal symbol error: If your windows setup for a decimal symbol is comma , (like 5,6) instead of point . (like 5.6) you will get an error when generating the EA.
We''ll work on a solution. Meanwhile you could go to windows Regional and Language Options, on Formats, click on Customize this format - Then select point . as decimal symbol. However this change affects all your applications. A simple solution would be to select Canada settings (or any country where decimal numbers use this format 5.6) while you generate the code.

Last edited by molanisfx on Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Strategy Builder Known Issues - Bugs
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:01 pm 

how do i add more then one ta like i want it to buy/sell if the slower ma crosses above/below but the osma has to be above 0 for buy and below 0 for sell. is this possible if so how and so far great product you got here

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:08 pm 

when i go to open ea in mt4 it has an error saying to "please review MT settings in molains preference file" how do i do that?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:32 pm 

Question:
how do i add more then one ta like i want it to buy/sell if the slower ma crosses above/below but the osma has to be above 0 for buy and below 0 for sell. is this possible if so how and so far great product you got here
Answer:
Use the logical blocks. In this case AND. Create one condition with the first TA, the second condition with the second TA. Then add an AND block. Connect both TA to AND, and AND to BUY or SELL.

Question:when i go to open ea in mt4 it has an error saying to "please review MT settings in molains preference file" how do i do that?
Answer: Usually you only get that error if the software can find MT4 compiler to generate the MQL code. Could you pls send an email to support@molanis.com with a complete description of the problem. For now the only direction I can give you is to check if the .ex4 file is created in the expert directory.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:33 am 

Hi everybody,

First, I would like to thank the creator of Molanis for there great work. :D
Molanis will be very useful for all the trader who do not know the programming, and also for those who want to save a lot of time.

Second, I have the same problem as keithhobbs ! when i go to open ea in mt4 it has an error saying to "please review MT settings in molains preference file". May you help me please ?

(PS: sorry for my bad English)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:12 pm 

Could you please send your strategy file (*.mol) to support@molanis.com? This will help us to debug this issue. Could you also confirm whether the .ex4 file is created?

Molanis Team

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:15 pm 

i think you guys have a great idea, but your product needs more work so far i still havent been able to test it on MT4 and i dont think anyone in the forum has. i email my info to the support team days ago with no reply. i understand its the hoildays but still this is business right and if your going to want money for the give me a reason to buy it. i was so happy to see the product and to find out that it doesnt work is killing me.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:40 pm 

"Error: The file couldn't be opened on the MetaTrader editor. Please review the MetaTrader settings in Molanis' preference file."

This error is generated because Molanis Strategy Builder can't find the MetaTrader editor or compiler (MetaEditor.exe and metalang.exe). When you install Molanis Strategy Builder you have to select a MetaTrader directory. This directory is used to look for the MetaTrader files needed to generate and compile the MQL code to create the expert advisors. Usually this directory is C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4

If you are getting the "Error: The file couldn't be opened on the MetaTrader editor. Please review the MetaTrader settings in Molanis' preference file." message; you need to do the following:

-Go to Molanis installation directory (C:\Molanis\Strategy_Builder)
-Make a copy of the file molanis-pref.xml just in case you need it later. This file contains Molanis configuration parameters.
-Open the file molanis-pref.xml with notepad (or any text editor) and find the line:
<entry key="mt4dir">C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4</entry>
-Change C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4 for the directory where your MetaTrader installation -the one you want to use for trading or backtesting- is located. DO NOT CHANGE ANY OTHER LINE!
-Open Molanis Strategy Builder
-Create your strategy with Molanis Strategy Builder (.mol file) and generate your EA

Molanis Team

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:36 pm 

i use ibfx it has it already in the place where you said change it

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:51 pm 

The version that we are releasing next week has a feature to verify the MetaTrader configuration. We hope this helps to solve this issue.

Molanis Team