molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: use my own indicator
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:13 pm 

Hi how I get a indicator that I use in trading into the strategy builder as I could not find a UPLOAD area many thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: use my own indicator
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:16 pm 

On the Technical Analysis (TA) block look for Custom Indicator - iCustom. In Custom fields type the indicator name and all the custom indicator variables separated with a comma. You also need to change Symbol, Timeframe, Mode and shift accordingly. (See picture)

MQL4 iCustom has the following parameters: (From http://docs.mql4.com/indicators/iCustom)
double iCustom( stringsymbol, inttimeframe, stringname, ..., intmode, intshift)

You need to follow the same format. For example, for an indicator called myIndicator that uses two variables add this in the Custom fields:
"myIndicator",2,3
where 2 and 3 are the variables values. If you do not add all variables or do not use the right format in Custom fields, Molanis Strategy Builder won't generate the code and you may see some errors.

Attachments:
File comment: ICustom picture
iCustom.png
iCustom.png [ 41.53 KiB | Viewed 6567 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:55 pm 

With a custom indicator installed molanis , how can i stop the ea opening up another trade on a up trend when the trade as just closed with profit , an example , i used a indicator as shown in your post to trigger a buy signal , the profit point was reached , then it opened another heading into the same direction , i just want it to not open another after reaching my profit target of 10 pts , but wait till its hit the sell trigger to open for a down turn , any answers would be grateful

peter :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:57 pm 

That's not possible with this version. It's a tricky thing to add to the software since there are a number of views for that case:
-Your EA logic should be the one that decides entry and exit points.
-Some studies show that TP and SL reduces your gains.
-If you reach your profit and there is still a trend, you should take advantage of it.
-If the position is closed due to SL, should I open a new position? was it closed because the EA logic on my EA is not right?
All of them are valid points. Your view is also valid. In our list of new features for future release we have a waiting period before opening new trades so the EA waits n number of bars.

Molanis Team

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:21 pm 

Thanks molanis , will just go with the trend and judge by testing if this is profitable or does the losses out do the wins ,
many thanks peter :)