molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: need to start coding
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:02 am 

Just got my MT5 software and i need manual cos i cant see any different from the mt4 version. I want to use atr as stop and cant seee it here. Also how do i do multi currency ea Pls any assistance i need to prepare my ea for ATC2010. Just went through the software now. Pls which file will i submit to ATC. my previos version is the standard one. Pls i need to be fast cos time is ticknig
thanks

Post subject: Re: need to start coding
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:01 pm 

iATR stops will be released later this week.
Please look at our examples at http://www.molanis.com/products/expert- ... visors-mt5
The product looks the same but has all the mt5 indicators.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:02 pm 

molanisfx wrote:
iATR stops will be released later this week.
Please look at our examples at http://www.molanis.com/products/expert- ... visors-mt5
The product looks the same but has all the mt5 indicators.

Thanks for this link. You guys are the best. I have enough code to practice with tonight. When i try to generate mql5 code, i have 3 options 1. save code 2. copy to clipboard 3. create ea for mt5.
Now i want to know which one to get so i can compile it and send it for the competition. I guess is option 3 but i get this error (pics below) 1. metaeditor cannot be found. 2. mql compiler cannot be found. I apologize if am disturbing, the one i got for mt4 is standard and i just attached it to my chart without the code.
I guess is the the metatrader directory and i have try to change name but i cant see the 'metaeditor64.exe' you talk about so i cant change name. I have attached pics of my installation directory to let you know what files i see there.

Thanks for ur support

Attachments:
mt5 files.jpg
mt5 files.jpg [ 71.68 KiB | Viewed 6954 times ]
error3.jpg
error3.jpg [ 137.37 KiB | Viewed 6943 times ]
error1.jpg
error1.jpg [ 92.48 KiB | Viewed 6925 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:55 pm 

That does not seem to be a normal installation of mt5. Search the files in your local drive. You may want to verify if windows is using Roaming for the files (more info on the examples page). Just pay attention than mt5 is different than mt4, directory structure is different.