molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: error generating ea
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:44 am 

Hi, I am having trouble getting the ea to generate. When I go to metatrader set up and select the directory C:Windows/Metatrader 5 it says: "Warning; Metatrader Editor (File MetaEditor.exe) cannot be found in the selected directory. Expert Advisor Visual Wizard needs this file. The Metatrade directory will be changed but you need to fix this setup. We advise you to select a directory where MetaEditor.exe is located." In the Metatrader 5 file I have Metaedior64, Metatester and Metatester64, mql564.dll. No MetaEditor.exe or Metlang (sometimes when you click verify it asks for a Metlang file?). I had similar problem on the MT4 strategy builder but I intalled Metatrader 4 in a different directory than program files and adjusted the security setting and then it has worked well ever since, however this does not help when I try it for MT5. Help please! Thankyou.

Post subject: Re: error generating ea
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:26 am 

You must have the latest or a 64 bit windows version.
Make a copy of Metaedior64.exe and rename it as Metaedior.exe For some reason the 64 is added in the install and our software looks for the file Metaedior.exe and not Metaedior64.exe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:12 am 

Yes, I have Windows 7. I tried making the MetaEditor.exe and it still did not work. Also it asks for the mlq5.exe still. I tried making the mlq5 also, not working either.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:54 am 
Site Admin

Please post a screenshot of the directory where MetaTrader.exe is located, and another screenshot of the error

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:28 am 

These are the screenshots. As I said before I tried removing 64 from the file names but to no avail. Thanks for you help ;)

Attachments:
File comment: This is what happens when I try to verify.
error 2.jpg
error 2.jpg [ 399.47 KiB | Viewed 12456 times ]
File comment: This happens when I try to select metatrader directory.
error 1.jpg
error 1.jpg [ 389.05 KiB | Viewed 12414 times ]
mt5 directory.jpg
mt5 directory.jpg [ 238.66 KiB | Viewed 12412 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:01 am 

Change Metaeditor64.exe to Metaeditor.exe
Please post a screenshot of the directory MQL5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:00 am 

I tried Metaeditor.exe and MetaEditor.exe still have the same result. The MQL5 file is in the original screenshot but it is named mql564 and mql564.dll

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:06 am 

Please rename them to metaeditor.exe and mql5.exe
If that does not work, please click on debug and send us the content of the debug window by email (see instructions at faq molanis.com/support/faq)
Our software uses the standard name and not the names given by windows 64. We will put this in the to do list for next version.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:39 am 

Yes it did not work. Also I tried the debug but when I click on it, it only flashes on the screen for an instant (appears to be a black window with white writing) and dissapears. It happens too fast for me to make out any words.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:57 am 

You may be missing something. Lots of people with windows 64 bits have the same issue and that is the way they solved. Just check that the name has the .exe and that you are pointing to the right directory. If you have a commercial version you could just click on generate code and then use the save as mql5 or the copy in clipboard option. Then you open the code in the metaeditor and compile it.