molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 1:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Where is my EA?
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:23 am 

Hello,

I´m wondering where is my EA? Step by step: I build an EA in Molanis and the validation is successful. Then I save it in EAVisualWizard. Then I save it under Metatrader 5/.../experts/advisors. OK. In metaeditor my EA is opened and saved, but at the left, where the standard ea´s are, I don´t see it. And in Metatrader I also can´t find it :?: I don´t understand what´s problem. Sorry for my English please.

Sincerely,
Erik

Attachments:
Unbenannt2.JPG
Unbenannt2.JPG [ 161.64 KiB | Viewed 8267 times ]
Unbenannt.JPG
Unbenannt.JPG [ 29.44 KiB | Viewed 8249 times ]

Post subject: Re: Where is my EA?
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:52 am 
Site Admin

You must be using a newer version of windows that makes a copy of the files in program files in some temp location. It's supposed to keep it in sync but sometimes it fails. - it's a new security stuff for windows.
The easiest fix - do not install mt4 in program files.
The long fix is to locate the temp directory where eas are located.
This issue is documented in the faqs and in the mt5 examples page - this is what we have there:
•Usually your EAs are located in C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\Experts However, in certain Windows versions, MT5 will look for the EA in C:\Users\YOUR USER\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\D0E8209F77C8CF37AD8BF550E51FF075\MQL5\Experts\ D0E8209F77C8CF37AD8BF550E51FF075 is a randon name that changes on every installation. This feature is called Windows Roaming. Issues may arise because the files at C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\Experts and at C:\Users\YOUR USER\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\D0E8209F77C8CF37AD8BF550E51FF075\MQL5\Experts are not synchronized. This is a windows issue out of our control. If this happens, you may have to copy the EA files manually from C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\Experts to C:\Users\YOUR USER\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\D0E8209F77C8CF37AD8BF550E51FF075\MQL5\Experts A solution to this issue is to create the EA file in the MetaEditor and copy the code from the Expert Advisor Visual Wizard.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:27 am 

Thank you for reply.

I did not install MT5 in program files. The directory is: C:\Metatrader5
Molanis added this directory correctly.

Attachments:
Unbenannt3.JPG
Unbenannt3.JPG [ 69.23 KiB | Viewed 8246 times ]

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:56 am 

Here you can see where my ea is saved. But it doesn´t work. And as I said above, my metatrader is installed in C:\Metatrader...

Attachments:
Unbenannt4.JPG
Unbenannt4.JPG [ 66.22 KiB | Viewed 8257 times ]

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:13 am 

Sorry, I misread your question. I get asked the other question so often that some times I am in autopilot.
I see you are able to see the code in the right directory. So the builder is working fine and generates the expert advisor. So the problem is mt5.

Try this:
-restart mt5: sometimes with new eas it does not refresh fine, so a restart should show all eas
-You could also recompile the code in the editor (F7), this will tell mt5 that the ea was refreshed.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:08 pm 

:lol: autopilot, yes I know this...

Now it works and I found the problem. Although I installed Metatrader in c:\metatrader..., nevertheless MetaEditor uses C:\Users\MIR\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\64FFA3D72A8578EAD750AA154E6DD5F7\MQL5\Experts\Advisors for loading eas. So I always have to copy my eas to this folder :roll:
A few days ago I had MT4 in C:\metatrader... and molanis worked perfectly with it. But with MT5 it is another issue, don´t ask me why.

Thanks a lot for your help!