molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 8:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: How to...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:29 am 

I have just created some ea and the codes (mql5 and ex. files) are already generated. But i dont know how to add the ea so i can see it in the trade terminal.
Thanks.

Attachments:
code.jpg
code.jpg [ 137.3 KiB | Viewed 6514 times ]

Post subject: Re: How to...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:38 am 

As mentioned here http://www.molanis.com/products/expert- ... visors-mt5 the reason is windows roaming.

Usually your EAs are located in C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\Experts However, in certain Windows versions, MT5 will look for the EA in C:\Users\YOUR USER\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\D0E8209F77C8CF37AD8BF550E51FF075\MQL5\Experts\ D0E8209F77C8CF37AD8BF550E51FF075 is a randon name that changes on every installation. This feature is called Windows Roaming. Issues may arise because the files at C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\Experts and at C:\Users\YOUR USER\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\D0E8209F77C8CF37AD8BF550E51FF075\MQL5\Experts are not synchronized. This is a windows issue out of our control. If this happens, you may have to copy the EA files manually from C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\Experts to C:\Users\YOUR USER\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\D0E8209F77C8CF37AD8BF550E51FF075\MQL5\Experts A solution to this issue is to create the EA file in the MetaEditor and copy the code from the Expert Advisor Visual Wizard.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:36 am 

molanisfx wrote:
As mentioned here http://www.molanis.com/products/expert- ... visors-mt5 the reason is windows roaming.

... A solution to this issue is to create the EA file in the MetaEditor and copy the code from the Expert Advisor Visual Wizard.

I dont really know much about coding (obviously :) ). And before writing you i already opened the mql5 file in metaeditor and compiled it. Restart the terminal but still dint see the ea there. I want to do final testing to adjust my parameter so kindly tell me in plain language how to go about it. Thank you

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:42 pm 

micade wrote:
molanisfx wrote:

... A solution to this issue is to create the EA file in the MetaEditor and copy the code from the Expert Advisor Visual Wizard.

I dont really know much about coding (obviously :) ). And before writing you i already opened the mql5 file in metaeditor and compiled it. Restart the terminal but still dint see the ea there. I want to do final testing to adjust my parameter so kindly tell me in plain language how to go about it. Thank you

Hi. The ea is now attached to the trade station after i log in through the server dedicated for the ATC2010.

Now i have attached the ea to my profile and just waiting for its approval.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:53 pm 

You may want to turn warnings off since the ea will be in the contest for 3 months w/o any user interaction. Under the ea variables/input you will find the variable

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:50 am 

molanisfx wrote:
You may want to turn warnings off since the ea will be in the contest for 3 months w/o any user interaction. Under the ea variables/input you will find the variable

My ea was checked (meaning its accepted). I have to edit it again and i will be here till tomorow so i can do necc. adjustment which means i have many question and i hope you guys will be here for me just like before.

Q1

I have turned the warning off (pls check if its the right way).

Q2
But i thought the ea will be hosted on there server and i dont have to connect my system once i submit the ea and wont be able to do that (turn off warning) once i submit it.

Q3

I still have difficulty to see my ea in mt5 (just saw it yest. after putting it off and on). I have created some this morning and cant see it there. So pls how do i solve it once and for all.

Attachments:
warning.jpg
warning.jpg [ 93.65 KiB | Viewed 6492 times ]

Post subject: trade size
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:22 am 

The ATC2010 rule require use of lot between 0.1 and 5 (which i guess is between 0.1 cent and $5). I used 3 and 5 lots in my multicurrency ea and i used 5 in " max. volume per position". when i saw the strategy tester report, the highest trade it took was $1.10/lot

Q1
how do i set it to take trade btw $3 and $5 without risking more than 5% of the a/c

Q2

My ea require stochastic move from below 20 up b4 buy signal occur and reverse for sell. I guess i dint do that right yest. Help me check if this is right.

Thanks

Attachments:
stochbuy.mol [5.14 KiB]
Downloaded 438 times

Last edited by micade on Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:50 am 

Quote:
Q1

Q2
But i thought the ea will be hosted on there server and i dont have to connect my system once i submit the ea and wont be able to do that (turn off warning) once i submit it.

Q3

I still have difficulty to see my ea in mt5 (just saw it yest. after putting it off and on). I have created some this morning and cant see it there. So pls how do i solve it once and for all.

Q1 Yes, that is the way to change it in your terminal but the file (.mq5) is not modified. So before you send them your ea, you need to open the ea in the mt editor and look for that variable and change it to false (you need a pro version for this).
look for
input bool ShowWarnings=true;
change to
input bool ShowWarnings=false;

Q2 look at Q1

Q3 We already told you the windows issue about roaming. You need to copy the ea manually to the roaming directory. You may want to recheck restarting the terminal.
There is another option:
-Open the mt editor
-Create a new empty EA
-Use the copy code button from the EA visual wizard, paste the code in your empty EA. Compile the EA. This is why we have a copy code button.

Quote:
Q1
how do i set it to take trade btw $3 and $5 without risking more than 5% of the a/c

You need to read more about forex trading, you need to learn the concept of lot, leverage, and contract size (there are lot of free sources on google - I like babypips.com). Usually 1 lot = 100K, 0.1 lot = 10K

The generated EA has a variable called MaxVolumePosition = 0.1 it controls the max volume per currency pair. Depending on your strategy you may want to change it to a higher value. You can change it in the START icon or directly in mt5.

You can control the max percentage at risk with the mt variables:
input bool UseMaximumPercentageatRisk = false;
// Turns on/off max risk condition
input double MaximumPercentageatRisk = 1;
// i.e max size of trade = 2 = 2% of equity
These variables are also available in the START icon. Set them to ON (in the start icon) or true directly in metatrader and to 5 (5%). This feature will reduce the lot size close to 5% of free margin. (If your lot size is equivalent to a percentage lower than 5% you won't see any difference). The calculation is an approximation since the calculation has to use valid lot sizes (i.e. the 5% lot is 0.16 which is not valid, it has to be changed to 0.2 which may be higher than 5%)
If the 5% lot size is lower than the minimum accepted, the min lot size (i.e 0.1) will be used otherwise no trading would be possible. (The formula to calculate risk assume you are using 100 leverage)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:21 am 

molanisfx wrote:
Quote:
Q1

Q2

Q3

Q1 Yes, that is the way to change it in your terminal but the file (.mq5) is not modified. So before you send them your ea, you need to open the ea in the mt editor and look for that variable and change it to false (you need a pro version for this).
look for
input bool ShowWarnings=true;
change to
input bool ShowWarnings=false;

Q2 look at Q1

Q3 We already told you the windows issue about roaming. You need to copy the ea manually to the roaming directory. You may want to recheck restarting the terminal.
There is another option:
-Open the mt editor
-Create a new empty EA
-Use the copy code button from the EA visual wizard, paste the code in your empty EA. Compile the EA. This is why we have a copy code button.

Quote:
Q1

You need to read more about forex trading, you need to learn the concept of lot, leverage, and contract size (there are lot of free sources on google - I like babypips.com). Usually 1 lot = 100K, 0.1 lot = 10K

The generated EA has a variable called MaxVolumePosition = 0.1 it controls the max volume per currency pair. Depending on your strategy you may want to change it to a higher value. You can change it in the START icon or directly in mt5.

You can control the max percentage at risk with the mt variables:
input bool UseMaximumPercentageatRisk = false;
// Turns on/off max risk condition
input double MaximumPercentageatRisk = 1;
// i.e max size of trade = 2 = 2% of equity
These variables are also available in the START icon. Set them to ON (in the start icon) or true directly in metatrader and to 5 (5%). This feature will reduce the lot size close to 5% of free margin. (If your lot size is equivalent to a percentage lower than 5% you won't see any difference). The calculation is an approximation since the calculation has to use valid lot sizes (i.e. the 5% lot is 0.16 which is not valid, it has to be changed to 0.2 which may be higher than 5%)
If the 5% lot size is lower than the minimum accepted, the min lot size (i.e 0.1) will be used otherwise no trading would be possible. (The formula to calculate risk assume you are using 100 leverage)

Hi molanis. About my question one above, (trade for $3 and $ pips) it was the way mt5 take trades that confused me. Unlike mt4 this mt5 just accumulate trade so u dont have more than one open position. Also the previous version of molanis software dint have ''max. vol per position and was not patient to go down through it thinking am already used to it and i mistaken that (max. vol / pos.) as the %risk. So i apologize.

I still have two questions :)

Q1
I understand you have to connect to internet to open MSB (its checking license). But this is the 2nd time that when i connect to my internet at home (different isp from the one i use in the office) i cant open MSB. So does that mean i have to connect to the isp you use to register it before it load. Am askin this cos i will soon change my office isp.

Q2.
Still want to clarify myself about this mt5 trade style. I set max. vol/positn as 15 and i understand that the symbol will not have open position higher than that. But the question is the increment of the trade. For instance if i set lot size as 3, will the increment be 3 or what. Just want to know
Thanks.

Attachments:
MSB.jpg
MSB.jpg [ 81.32 KiB | Viewed 6479 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:18 am 

The license is issue for a mac address which is taken from the active network card when you click on pccode. When you change connections from lan to wireless you change the active network card so your license won't work. It's not about the isp, it's about the active network card - lan/wireless.

In mt4 the software controls the max number of open positions per pair. mt5 has only one position per pair, so we control the volume of that position. It's per pair. We also use that mt5 feature to avoid increasing the position when a signal is true. i.e. ma > ma 2 generates a signal too may times, so if you use max volumen = 0.1 you will keep your position at 0.1 otherwise your position will increase to max volumen.
You need to backtest /forward test it to understand how it works.

I wouldn't leave it at 15 lots, I try to keep it low at 1 - 3. Remember it's per pair, so leaving at 15 for 2 pairs means you could have 30 lots opened.