molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: It dosent work for me why ?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:57 am 

I am testing and do like turtorials but it still dosent work why ?
i just get error message :

cool EURCAD,H1: Alert: ERROR : Trading is not allowed!
cool EURCAD,H1: M-ERROR : Trading is not allowed!

how much i am testing it still dosent work

could some one check this for me what exacly i am doing wrong ?

Attachments:
cool.ex4 [52.69 KiB]
Downloaded 661 times

Post subject: Re: It dosent work for me why ?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:44 am 
Site Admin

We encourage people to share the .mol file (the strategy file) and not the code.
If you attach the ea to the chart and you get the trading not allowed message it means that you did not check the allow trading option (you will see it in mt4 when you attach the ea), ot you see a sad face in the chart - it means you did not press the allow trading button in mt4

It's ok to see trading not allowed once in a while - it means that the server or your terminal is busy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:06 pm 

now it seems it running but it dosent buy?

Attachments:
cool.mol [8.6 KiB]
Downloaded 685 times

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:40 pm 

Firts thing to do is to backtest the ea - if you don't see any trades in backtesting, it means that your trading conditions are not well defined so they do not execute trades.
I think you are using an example so it should work fine.
Look under the expert tab in mt4 - it prints out what the ea is doing.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:16 pm 

AUDUSDmicro,H1 inputs: EAName="cool"; IsMicroAccount=true; CompletedBars=true; TradeOrAlert=true; SendMailMode=false; PlaySounds=false; MySound="alert.wav"; FiveDigits=true; UseTradingTime=false; TradingTimeStart=9; TradingTimeEnd=16; ClosePositionsNonTH=false; OrderIncludeTPSL=true; MaxNumberofPositions=1; MaxOrderRetry=100; UseMaximumPercentageatRisk=false; MaximumPercentageatRisk=1; UseRiskRatio=false; RiskRatio=3; UseLotManagement=false; LotManagementType=2; ReductionFactor=5; UseMartingale=false; M

AUDUSDmicro,H1: loaded successfully

Cool EURCAD,H1: M-ERROR: Could not open new position. Error=130 invalid stops. Order Info : Order Type=OP_SELL. Symbol=EURCAD. Lot Size=0.1. Price=1.3776. SL=1.4276. TP=1.2276

Can some one tell me how to make it start buy and sell i wanna test it but still dont see hows it really works..

Noob level <--

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:42 am 

Please read our faq at molanis.com/support/faq - you must be using an ecn or your stops are too small. Probably changing the setup in the START icon may solve the issue (instructions in the faq)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:53 pm 

2011.11.29 21:48:54 eurusd EURUSDmicro,M1: M-ERROR: Could not open new position. Error=133 trade is disabled. Order Info : Order Type=OP_BUY. Symbol=EURUSD. Lot Size=0.01. Price=1.3332. SL=50. TP=150

Dont know how to solve this

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:25 pm 
Site Admin

Error 133: Your broker does not allow trading for that instrument - some brokers have indexes or cfd that one cannot trade using the expert advisor. It's your broker decision to allow or not to allow trading. Sometimes they prevent trading at certain times.

Another reason for this is that you try to trade a non existing pair. Let's say you trade EURUSD but the pair name for that broker is EURUSDmicro. To avoid this in the strategy builder always use current symbol isntead of the pair name. This way your ea will work in all pairs (You should use the pair name ONLY if you are building muti currency eas)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:30 pm 

they told they have CFD's and one index for trading - Mini Dow Jones
but i did what you told but same error :S

As i can see your account is a micro one
Please note, that we separate standard trades, from micro ones (1volume in standard account=100.000units, 1volume in micro account=1000units). Most probably your EA is trying to trade the “grayed”, standard symbols. Please find in your market watch window symbols with “micro” extension e.g: EUR/USDmicro instead EUR/USD (right click and choose “show all”), the other “grayed” symbols are used by platform to calculate prices of oil and such (have exactly same values). Just please right click on those “grayed” symbols and choose “hide” option to avoid any confusion and make your EA work properly.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:38 pm 
Site Admin

Just make sure you have current symbol in all icons in the strategy builder