molanis.com/forum - Tools for MetaTrader : The place to ask about the best expert advisor builder, expert advisor downloads, and expert advisor programming

AFTER YOU REGISTER SEND US AN EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT - Before posting:-1- Please read the user guide -2- Try the examples -3- Search in the forum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Renko or Constant Range Bar Charts on M2 time frame
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:32 am 

Hi, I'm trying out the 10 day evaluation. I cannot find the M2 offline chart for my renko/constant range bar charts on Molanis to create my strategy. Can anyone advise how to do this?

Regards
Vince

Post subject: Re: Renko or Constant Range Bar Charts on M2 time frame
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:46 am 
Site Admin

The strategy builder comes with the indicators distributed with mt4 (standard indicators)
You can import non standard indicators or custom indicators - just look for the custom indicator option in a TA or TA+ and hit import
Offline charts are tricky, technically we do not support them since they have many issues and you need to know how to manage them, and how to use it with eas an indicators. However we have many users that use them.

Offline charts like renko is just a short cut used by developers to show a different setting. Technically they are not intended for trading... but people use it anyway.

I'd say start understanding how to use a custom indicator (import process and signals), before you use renko.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:13 pm 

This is possible if your offline chart receives live tick updates and your offline chart generator names the offline chart properly. Regarding the latter, the name can't include a strange prefix like "RenkoEURUSD,M2" or "RenkoEURUSDm,M2." Having said that, EURUSD,M2 will work if you create your EA to run on the current time frame (0). Also, I once deleted all of my M5 history and set my offline chart generator to name as M5 just to see what would happen. The M5 button grayed out but was still able to be toggled. The offline chart was fully functional. I never actually tested it with an EA created to run on the M5 time frame, but I bet it would work. The pic is a current timeframe EA running on my offline Range Bars chart.
Attachment:
rangebars.gif
rangebars.gif [ 19.68 KiB | Viewed 7471 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:51 am 

Right naming is really important - it has to follow mt4 standard. And avoid using multi currency with offline charts unless you really know how it works. And test it a lot.